Hello Friends of Pyramid Early Learning Center,
It’s almost Halloween!
- This week we will be practicing the routine and safety rules of trick-or-treating every day!
- When practicing at home, we suggest practicing in 5 steps
- Walk to door of house
- Knock on the door
- Say “Trick or Treat”
- Get 1 piece of candy
- Say thank you
- Have fun when practicing at the home! Hide behind a door and put on any costume pieces you have! This week we have been using stickers as our “treats” in a bowl.
- This week will include tons of pretend play, an important component of childhood development. I love this article discussing the educational benefits of dramatic play.
- We’ve been using Halloween books, but even pictures on your phone of people in Halloween costumes can be a great tool to increase predictability. We use language such as, “I see they are dressed up as a dinosaur. They are pretending to be a dinosaur. We can pretend to be dinosaurs. Rawr!”
Always reach out to the Pyramid Early Learning Center for visuals, tips and tricks!
All the best,
Pyramid Early Learning Center Program Coordinator