Illinois State Agencies
- Illinois Dept of Human Services, Bureau of Early Intervention program's mission is to assure that families who have infants and toddlers, birth to three, with diagnosed disabilities, developmental delays or substantial risk of significant delays receive resources and supports that assist them in maximizing their child's development, while respecting the diversity of families and communities.
- Illinois Early Childhood Intervention Clearinghouse, funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services, has been providing library and information services on early intervention issues throughout Illinois since 1986. It's mission is to make available state-of-the-art library and information resources related to early childhood intervention to the citizens of Illinois.
- A state agency dedicated to improving the lives of Illinois' families and seniors by providing access to quality health care and ensuring that children receive the child support they are entitled to.
- The Department of Children and Family Services shall, upon receiving reports made under this Act, protect the best interest of the child, offer protective services in order to prevent any further harm to the child and to other children in the family, stabilize the home environment and preserve family life whenever possible.
- Division of Specialized Care for Children (DSCC) is the Illinois Title V agency that provides care coordination for families and children with special health care needs. DSCC, governed by Administrative Rules, helps children with disabilities, and those who have conditions which may lead to disabilities, grow and develop to the full extent of their abilities.
- Parent Training and Information Centers (PTI) offer families with a child who has a disability information about the disability, early intervention, school services, therapy, local policies, transportation, and much more. Even if an office is not close to your home, they can usually put you in touch with resources in your community, as well as provide you with information and assistance about disability issues in your state.